WHO NEEDS TO TAKE THE ESLPE?
All international graduate students must take the ESLPE unless:
- They entered UCLA with a score of 100 or above on the TOEFL iBT or at least a 7.5 overall band score on the IELTS exam (effective Fall 2015).
- They hold a bachelor’s or higher degree from a university located in the U.S. or another country in which English is the primary language.
Some undergraduate transfer students may be required to take the ESLPE, primarily:
- Those who have not satisfied IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum):
- Those held at the discretion of Undergraduate Admissions.
SUMMER 2020 EXAM DATES AND TIMES
If you are deferring the start of your program, you may wait to take the ESLPE until the quarter that you matriculate. The exam will be held online before every quarter. If you choose to take the ESLPE now and then decide to defer your admission, please note that you will NOT be able to re-take the exam when you matriculate.
All 2020 ESLPE sessions will be held online. You will access the exam through CCLE, our learning management system, and be proctored via Zoom. You will receive the necessary links right before the exam that you’ve registered for.
Please enroll for the test date of your choice at the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ucla-english-as-a-second-language-placement-exam-eslpe-registration-28514428423
Thursday, July 9: 10-11:30 (PDT)
Monday, July 13: 6-7:30 p.m. (PDT)
Wednesday, July 15: 10-11:30 (PDT)
Tuesday, July 21: 6-7:30 pm (PDT)
- You may not show up to the exam without registering first!
- Please remember the exam time and date for which you registered.
- If you need to change your time, please register for the exam again.
For questions, please contact the Writing Programs staff: