UCLA Writing Programs does much for undergraduates, graduate students, and the broader community:
- We teach courses that have a clear impact on student success both within and outside of the academy.
- We run an undergraduate peer tutorial center (the UWC) that helps thousands of students over the course of a year.
- We administer prizes for excellence in writing and research.
- We offer a summer workshop for high school students that, through a scholarship program, reaches students who are too often left outside the university.
- We help graduate students effectively teach a diverse student body and offer a graduate certificate in teaching writing.
We’re always looking to do still more. You may choose to direct your gift to any of the above areas.